Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yummmmmmm....












Finished Object report: This is the scarf I knitted from the wonderful Angora/Merino yarn I purchased at Stitches East. The pattern is documented back on the previous post. What I thought of the Pattern: Ok, the back part with the shaping and the stitch pattern is clever and lays very nicely, I would certainly repeat that again. The part I don't care for is the length and lack of shaping of the long front parts. As a scarf front, it's too bulky and too long. That can be fixed. :) The yarn...OH THE YARN! The Angora/Merino (blue) tended to want to split a little while knitting but wasn't really problematic. You want to use care with Angora anyway so I wouldn't say I used any more care than I would with any other exotic yarn. The fabric it forms is sooooooooooooo worthwhile! I'm just itching to make something in a stockinette with this stuff. The light band in the middle is a 50/50% Angora/Silk that is just scrumptious. It used to be white. A-hem. We seem to have a bit of a bleeding issue with the blue dye now don't we? Fortunately, this worked out very nicely but it's an important thing to know in the future. If I have this yarn spun for me, it will be un-dyed. I have such an idea for the colored Angora. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, you are cruel! You make us drool over this yummy yarn but you won't tell us who spun it...
Oops for the bleeding; but it's still lovely!