Friday, June 02, 2006

Words...



Listen to Your Words by Kelly Meuller



In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr.
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)
No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.
Henry Adams
US author, autobiographer, & historian (1838 - 1918)
The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink.
George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language", 1946
English essayist, novelist, & satirist (1903 - 1950)
As you might notice, I have a new feature on the blog. Audio files. I honestly have no desire to do a full blown podcast, but I do occasionally find a song or audio file somewhere that just says it better than I ever could. In those cases, I'll include it here.
Right now the program I'm using only works well on .wav files which will play easily - but slowly - on Quicktime. I'm working on that to make it a bit friendlier for dialup accounts. You might find it easier to right click over the link and download and then listen to it.
Another feature I've added is a link blog. I still can't get the RSS feed on this blog to cooperate, so I created a sister site on blogspot that you can use to link over. I'll try and remember to post an update on that site so that you know I have a new post on this one. It's a real bother but until I figure this issue out... Well, it's what I have.
If you want to go to that spot and create an aggregator link the address is here http://outofhandpodcast.blogspot.com/

No comments: