Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Well, yes, actually you are ...

Vt11730splitap



Note: Please know who your author is before making comments. She IS indigenous, and she is far from uninformed. This country WAS colonized in a ruthless and violent means. If you are not American, yet commenting on American politics, it would be wise to understand American history.



The ends do not justify the means. If you are hungry, work as hard at changing your own environment/country as you do illegally sneaking into mine. A man being hungry does not justify breaking into my home, sleeping in my bed, claiming my paycheck, being treated by my doctor at my expense and insisting that we all speak his language while he changes my radio station. If he wants to live in my world, he can follow the same rules as the others living in my world. If his world is so horrible, he can expend the same energy to change it for himself as he can stealing from me.



English for Immigrants 101...
Criminal - n. One that has committed or been legally convicted of a crime.
Illegal - adj. Prohibited by law.
Alien - n. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.



America was not built by Immigrants. It was colonized by Immigrants. America was doing quite well when populated by it's indigenous people, thank you very much.
American INDUSTRY was built by Immigrants; LEGAL immigrants.
When I, an American citizen, commit a crime i.e. break a law, I do not expect amnesty because I managed to get away with not getting caught or because there are so many other people doing the same thing. Because the other drivers are driving 20 miles over the speed limit I do not expect to be excused from a ticket. Because I have been driving 20 miles over the speed limit on that very road for 2 years before being caught, does not excuse me from a ticket. What I did was ILLEGAL and I expect to pay the consequences. That is the responsibility of living in a civilized society.
If you wish to teach otherwise to your own children...if you wish to live with the language and customs of your own country...then please do so...in your own country. I will happily celebrate our diversity, within the conforms of an American society. I am very, very proud of our American culture with all it's diversity and variety, but without a common language and societal construct, we don't have diversity, we have division. Please practice your own divisiveness elsewhere.

No comments: